2023 Annual District Council Meeting
Due to concerns for our members’ health and COVID-19 meeting restrictions, the annual business meeting will be conducted online.
May 20, 2023
The Annual District Business Meeting will take place as part of the District Conference. If you plan to attend only the Business Meeting, please select the appropriate option when registering
All good standing Club Presidents, Vice Presidents of Education, and District Executive Committee members get one vote each. All eligible voting members will also receive a special email invitation from our Credentials Chair, Katherine Pratt.
Voting members MUST register by 12:00 PM on Friday, May 19 in order to receive a ballot emailed to them. Those who register after that time may attend the meeting but will not be able to vote.
Business Materials and Business Conducted
At our Annual Business Meeting, we will be voting on:
The Business Meeting will also include the following:
- Ratification of recently appointed District Officers
- Mid-Year Audit Committee Report
- District Leadership Committee Report
Protocol 9.0 requires at least one Division Director candidate to be nominated for each Division. Since the DLC was not able to nominate a candidate for all 6 Divisions, these positions are considered incomplete from the perspective of the present report. Qualified candidates may run from the floor during the Business Meeting. Any candidate must meet the qualifications outlined in the District Administrative Bylaws, Article VII (d). The candidates must have declared, in writing, their intent to run for election to the DLC Chair at least 7 days prior to the Business Meeting (by May 13, 2023) and have submitted the required documentation.
For any elected position, any eligible candidate must meet the requirements outlined in the District Administrative Bylaws, Article VII (e) and must have been evaluated by the DLC prior to running from the floor. Those candidates should declare, in writing, their intent to run for election to the DLC Chair at least 7 days prior to the Business Meeting (by May 13, 2023). Division Director or any other candidates who have completed the DLC interview process for any Division(s) are eligible as a floor candidate and may run for up to two elected positions. (Protocol 9.0 11. E.)
- District Alignment Committee report
- Reports from the Finance Manager, Public Relations Manager, Club Growth Director, Program Quality Director and District Director Meeting documents will be sent only to those who have registered to attend.
Meeting documents will be sent only to those who have registered to attend.
- Quorum is required to approve any of the above items of business, which means 1/3 of eligible club votes must be represented. If quorum is not met at the meeting, there will be an additional online voting period post-meeting in which we will seek quorum.
- Because the voting process will be conducted virtually, no proxy is permitted. Each District Council member must cast their own vote. District Executive Committee members are entitled to one (1) vote and may cast up to two (2) additional votes as a club President and/or Vice President of Education of their own club. All other members of the District Council shall be limited to a maximum of two (2) votes.
- Any new motions to come before the council must be presented in writing or by email to the District Director (email@example.com) one week prior to the virtual business meeting. In this case, by 12:00 PM on Saturday, May 13.
Virtual Conference Instructions
All attendees who register by 12:00 PM on Friday, May 19 will receive instructions over email on how to login and the process to cast their vote.
HOW TO VOTE:
- Election Buddy will be used to conduct voting during the virtual meeting.
- You will receive one email sent for each item we are voting on. The email you receive will contain a unique code. Do not forward this email to others. Only those who have registered on Wufoo by 12:00 PM on Friday, May 19 will receive a link to vote via email.
- If you have any questions with respect to the online voting, please email the Credentials team at firstname.lastname@example.org.